Re: Graphical package installers & debconf (was: What's a safe way to have extensions in chromium in Debian?)

> Hello Jeremy,
>
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 07:14:35AM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
>> It is also useless for someone who will install Chromium from the
>> Software app (gnome-software) included in 'gnome-core' since the
>> Software app does not display debconf prompts.
>
> Do you know if this is a missing feature or a deliberate choice?

This is likely a missing feature, since PackageKit does support
Debconf prompts and GNOME PackageKit does as well. Debconf stuff is
kind of hacked into it though (but given the architecture of Debconf
and PackageKit, there is no better way to do this).
So, I guess someone would need to implement proper Debconf support in
GNOME Software.

Cheers,
    Matthias