What's a safe way to have extensions in chromium in Debian?

Hi,

now we have extensions disabled in Chromium by default. If I did my
homeworks correctly, that prevents Chromium from phoning home by
default, and prevents a previous scenario where extensions could be
installed but not upgraded, becoming security issues over time.

Now, suppose I need an extension, what is the proper way to have it in
Debian, so that it gets upgraded when needed? With that proper way, what
amount of phoning home is going to happen?

Since this looks like it's going to be a major issue with stretch, can I
have some authoritative wiki page / FAQ entry that tells me how I can
deal with it cleanly, and that I can easily send to confused people?

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>