Re: The end of OpenStack packages in Debian?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:48:39AM -0500, Allison Randal wrote:

> > Hopefully, Canonical will continue to maintain the other 15 (more
> > core...) projects in UCA.
>
> Canonical doesn't have a large team for this work, but I imagine we can
> handle it just fine between their team and a few volunteers.

May be my question is totally naive but I'm wondering why we can not
form a common team with the Ubuntu maintainers and get something out in
common.  As far as I know Ubuntu derives from Debian.  Guessing from
this mail the situation is that Debian and Ubuntu is doing duplicated
work for OpenStack packages which from an outsiders point of view does
not make any sense specifically if one side is confessing not beeing
able to work on this appropriately.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--