Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

 ❦  4 février 2017 16:48 +0100, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec@gmail.com> :

>> A Github-like interface is totally compatible with the CLI: pull
>> requests are exposed as branches, you can merge, modify, do anything you
>> like. The web UI tries to catch up with what you do (if you merge
>> through the CLI, the web interface will detect that).
>
> Now, you have made your point - it's a valid for certain kind of fixes
> and users. Can you just try to consider the other aspects, such as
> Debian as a project evolving around the idea of Free Software,
> actually prefers free tools?

I agree. Some people kindly proposed to package and setup Gitlab, a
DFSG-free tool, but, not unexpected, there was some opposition without
any reasonable way forward, so we stay with the current situation (which
includes some people using GitHub).
--
Make it right before you make it faster.