Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de> writes:

> On 01/30/2017 05:45 PM, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> I agree, they aren't as good.  However, they're very nearly as good,
>> and it's too common to overstate how good GitHub's workflow is.
>
> Nearly as good? Where can I click 'merge' in a web gui in Debian???

<sarcasm>
Just under the "all tests have passed" field, under the list of merge
requests, in the "very nearly as good as GitHub" tool he is talking
about, but obviously forgot to link to. :)
</sarcasm>

In my experience, GitLab is "very nearly as good as" GitHub regarding
workflow.  How many good things can I say about that workflow without it
being "overstating how good the GitHub workflow is"?

Gitlab is free software, and the CE version is good enough to base a
large organization around.  I am, hovever, somewhat in doubt they would
accept merge requests adding free bits to replace the non-free bits they
have based their business on selling.

I've noted the presence of gogs (https://gogs.io/) and pagure
(https://pagure.io/pagure), which look to be completely free projects,
but haven't tried any of them yet.  https://rocketgit.com/op/doc/compare
has a comparison matrix, but with bits missing from all other than
rocketgit, which I didn't know about before I found that matrix.

Rocketgit ... also seem to have the functionality for maintaining a
github workflow, but their project pages (like
https://rocketgit.com/user/catalinux/rocketgit) has a _slight_ contrast
problem.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen