Re: Where to report Wayland-related bugs

Hi there

Am 03.02.2017 um 13:00 schrieb Thibaut Paumard:
> Le 03/02/2017 à 12:35, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort a écrit :
>> On 03/02/17 11:42, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>>> I am seeing issues in some software that don't seem usable at all in
>>> GNOME Wayland, e.g.:
>>>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852699
>>>
>>> Where is the correct place to report such issues: the individual
>>> affected packages (as I did with the above-mentionned bug), xwayland,
>>> something else?
>>
>> It depends on the bug. If you want an app to be ported to wayland, then either
>> the app or the toolkit/framework, as appropriate. If an X app doesn't behave
>> properly, then XWayland. If you see a WM/compositor bug, then whatever
>> compositor you are using (gnome-shell/weston/...) ...
>
> Thanks Emilio,
>
> In the meantime I have found a Fedora page that explains how to debug a
> Wayland-related bug, for instance how to determine whether the bug is in
> the compositor:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Wayland_problems

I remember Simon doing quite a few of Wayland related bug reports, and
at least some of them were usertagged as

User: pkg-gnome-maintainers@alioth.debian.org
Usertags: wayland

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org;tag=wayland

It would probably be good if you also use those when doing your bug reports.

Regards,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?