Re: Where to report Wayland-related bugs

On 03/02/17 11:42, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Dear fellow developers,
>
> I have started using GNOME Wayland possibly as my primary session. It
> sort of feels different from the default X11 GNOME session in surprising
> ways (overall rather more comfortable I would say).
>
> I am seeing issues in some software that don't seem usable at all in
> GNOME Wayland, e.g.:
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=852699
>
> Where is the correct place to report such issues: the individual
> affected packages (as I did with the above-mentionned bug), xwayland,
> something else?

It depends on the bug. If you want an app to be ported to wayland, then either
the app or the toolkit/framework, as appropriate. If an X app doesn't behave
properly, then XWayland. If you see a WM/compositor bug, then whatever
compositor you are using (gnome-shell/weston/...) ...

> Is there a usertag defined for such issues?

There isn't (yet).

Cheers,
Emilio