Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

On 2017-01-30 at 03:54, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

> On 01/30/2017 12:44 AM, Sean Whitton wrote:

>>> Same here. Also since I've moved my major packages to github, a
>>> constant stream of pull requests for even simple bugs like typos
>>> is coming in. People are used to github and how to create a pull
>>> request on the web interface, and I can just merge these changes
>>> with a few clicks.
>>
>> Please don't forget about git-request-pull(1), or it's simpler
>> cousin, "to fix this bug please merge branch foo from repo bar".
>
> That still involves cloning re pository, pushing stuff... Using a web
> interface is much more easy - and works well even on a tablet. And
> even people who don't know how to use the cosole are able to handle
> it.

If someone isn't cloning the repository locally, how is that someone
creating the patch which is in the git repo which is requested to be
pulled?

And if someone isn't pushing that locally-cloned repo back to github,
how is that someone getting the local changes into github to be pulled?
(AFAIK, the official way of getting your local changes into github is
with 'git push'; at least that's what I had to use the one time I tried
to work with github other than to clone a repo hosted there, although
admittedly my network situation is a bit unusual.)

--
   The Wanderer