Re: Auto reject if autopkgtest of reverse dependencies fail or cause FTBFS

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 1:08 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Santiago Vila writes:
>> In this context, I refer specifically to flaky tests. What I call
>> questionable is keeping a flaky test making the build to fail when the
>> test fails so much that it's clearly a wrongly designed test.
>
> Oh, sure, I'm in favor of disabling flaky tests if we can't fix them.  My
> experience is usually more that I'm leaving them on *because* I'm trying
> to fix them and can't reproduce locally, or I think I've fixed it (but
> actually haven't).
>
> Some upstream test suites also make it a little difficult to disable a
> single test without carrying a patch.  (Hm, including mine....)

I would expect most upstream test frameworks support marking tests as
flaky, which usually means they always get run and results printed but
their outcome never causes a build failure.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise