Re: Auto reject if autopkgtest of reverse dependencies fail or cause FTBFS

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:38:42AM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> Picture this: a cocktail party. Many people mingling around, dressed
> up and engaging in smalltalk, sipping colourful drinks. A new couple
> arrives and is immediately surrounded by old fiends. "Hi, Jack and
> Joan, how are you? How is that lovely offspring of yours?" The couple
> look down, and their faces get a careful, blank expression. "It's not
> good. We don't know what we did wrong. We're so ashamed. We don't know
> how such a thing could happen. We thought we were such good parents."
> A shocked silence fall on the group, in the middle of the hubbub of
> the greater party. "You see, our child, our child..." Jack sobs and
> can't get the words out, so Joan takes a deep breath and speaks. "Our
> child wrote a test that fails randomly, and released it." One by one
> their friends leave the group, quietly, and without speaking a single
> harsh syllable. But for months, they had to wait for an invitation to
> a new party.

LOL, but I don't see a lot of social exclusion here:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=sanvila@debian.org;tag=ftbfs-randomly

Sometimes I've seen maintainers downgrade FTBFS bugs to "wishlist"!

Surely I will not invite those maintainers to a party, but they are
still maintaining Debian packages.

Should I ask the Technical Committee to rule out that FTBFS bugs are RC,
even if they did not happen in buildd.debian.org yet?

Thanks.