Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:14:09AM -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Jan 10 2017, Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> wrote:

> >> Yeah, I think we heard before that git-dpm is not being maintained. I
> >> said it, Vincent said it in his reply, and now you are saying it
> >> again. No one is disputing the point.

> >> Yes, it is a mess. But I don't think it's any worse than having to
> >> resolve conflicts in debian/patches/, which is the equivalent problem
> >> when multiple people use gbp at the same time.
> >
> > When this happens you do a "gbp pq import" and have the full power of
> > git rebas at your hands.
>
> Are you sure? The problem we're talking about is when two conflicting
> changes to debian/patches have been committed. I think in that case you
> first have to solve the git conflict before you can call gbp pq - or can
> gbp pq import really deal with conflict markers *inside the patch*?

You abort the merge instead of resolving the conflict then do a gbp pq
on your packaging branch and on the (know known to be) conflicting one
(say master and origin/master). Then you can use rebase and
whatnot. Not ideal but much batter than wading through merge conflicts
in diffs.

Cheers,
 -- Guido