Re: Feedback on 3.0 source format problems

On Jan 07 2017, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut.paumard@obspm.fr> wrote:
> Well, just to say, I'm personally quite happy with '3.0 (quilt)'. I try
> to maintain all my packages in git in unapplied state, because in my
> opinion this is the sensible thing to do. When I do a
>   git diff upstream master
> I want to see only debian/ in there.

What's the point of that? If the only difference is the addition of the
debian/ directory, you can simply look at the debian directory. There's
no need to use git.

> I much prefer to check a diff of diff over a simple diff,

Wow, ok. That is astonishing to hear, but I'll take your word for it.

> For me the patch is the final product, I like the clear separation
> between upstream and debian/, so it's for me a very appealing design to
> have individual patches in debian/patches. I use git to keep the history
> of the patch, not to manage it.

And so is this. Well, I definitely learned something new in this thread.

Best,
-Nikolaus