Re: nodejs 6.9 in unstable, manual transition, schedule

Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> writes:

>>> This is not very smart - i'm talking about something that will make future
>>> maintenance and security patches easier, something that is easy to do
>>> and that i can even do alone.
>>
>> Your "This is not very smart" comment made me react fairly negatively at
>> first reading.  It's easy to assume bad things about the old version's
>> stability reading that, although that's presumably not what you were
>> saying.
>
> I'm asking you to forgive me about that wording, it was driven by my
> disappointment,
> and the reason the package is in this situation is mainly my own fault
> and lack of time.

Nothing to forgive from my point of view -- you just happened not to be
making your case very persuasively.

Feel free to tell us all how there's no problem rebuilding/testing the
thousand-odd node-* packages, or that they don't need rebuilding or
testing, or whatever the case might be, such that people might be moved
to agree with you.

Cheers, Phil.