Re: Converting to dgit (was: How to get history into dgit)

Hello Nikolaus,

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 07:22:54PM -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> I'll have to bring this up one more time. I just read
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=794244, and that
> sounds (in "USING GIT-DPM WITH DGIT FOR THE FIRST TIME") as if I should
> also stitch the existing dgit history into my git repository.
>
> Is that information outdated, or should I still do that?

I've never used git-dpm(1), but I would guess that information is out of
date because it was written before the --quilt=dpm option was added to
dgit.

You mentioned previously that you're trying to use the
dgit-maint-merge(7) workflow.  In that case, why do you want git-dpm?

--
Sean Whitton