Re: How to get history into dgit

Hello Nikolaus,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 02:27:15PM -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Dec 11 2016, Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> wrote:
> > 1) Ensure HEAD is dgit-compatible.  This means patches are applied,
> > debian/source/local-options does not exist, etc.
>
> Actually, could you expand on the "etc"? What else do I need to ensure?

You have to ensure that the contents of HEAD is exactly what you would
get if you ran `dpkg-buildpackage -i\.git/ -I.git -S` and then unpacked
the resultant source package.

debian/source/local-options is one way to break that.  There are other
ways, not all of which I can remember, so I wrote 'etc' :)  You can just
run `dgit build-source` and it will error out if you missed something.

Btw, I've filed #847807 if you have any other suggestions.

--
Sean Whitton