Re: unattended-upgrades by default?

Op 26-12-16 om 23:44 schreef Paul Wise:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> I use a script on a few servers to realize this, it's not perfect:
>> http://vandervlis.nl/files/updateafter
>
> It might be interesting to contribute this to unattended-upgrades.

I use the script for 8 months now, and it works. But I've seen a few
times this kind of errors, what I had to repair manually. So it's not
perfect.

----
mv: './save/php-gettext_1.0.11-1_all.deb' and
'save/php-gettext_1.0.11-1_all.deb' are the same file
----

>> I use "at" to reboot very early in the morning:
>
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades:
> Unattended-Upgrade::Automatic-Reboot-Time "02:00";

Ah!  But not sure I would like it to be that the default. But no big
problems with it, it makes you think about rebooting.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/