dpkg no longer installs conffiles??

Hello Rahpahel,
Cc: debian-devel

Sorry to bother you but I found your name at the following page:
https://raphaelhertzog.com/2010/09/21/debian-conffile-configuration-file-managed
-by-dpkg/

I don't know a suitable forum for this type of question. And please don't refer
me to the high-traffic ML debian-user, I won't use that one.

After upgrading to sid the conffiles don't seem to be installed any longer?
Examples are bash, passwd, basefiles and libpam-runtime. Especially trhe last
one cost me a day debugging to find out why logins crashed. What is causing
this, do I have some settings disabling conffiles? Or is this all due to the
merge of /usr? If so, how to revert that change until it is stable!

Thanks!