Re: Unsatisfiable build-dependency in testing

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 07:57:18PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 20:49 +0100, Christoph Biedl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > two days ago, syslog-ng 3.8.1-5 migrated to testing. However, as this
> > package build-depends on libssl1.0-dev which is available in unstable
> > only at the moment, it cannot be rebuild in testing.
> [...]
> > So, does anybody else consider this a problem? Did something go wrong
> > on britney (or whoever controls which packages are allowed to
> > migrate)? Or ...?
>
> britney has never considered build-dependencies (that's #145257). This
> is one of several reasons for periodic rebuilds of testing.

You can also get a list of packages with unsatisfiable
build-dependencies from dose [1]. We currently have:
- 67+29 source packages in testing with unsatisfiable build dependencies
  in main/testing/amd64
- 65+26 source packages in testing for which the build-dependencies
  are not satisfiable in main/testing on any architecture.

  -Ralf.

[1] https://qa.debian.org/dose/debcheck/src_testing_main/index.html