Unsatisfiable build-dependency in testing

Hello,

two days ago, syslog-ng 3.8.1-5 migrated to testing. However, as this
package build-depends on libssl1.0-dev which is available in unstable
only at the moment, it cannot be rebuild in testing.

Please note my only interested in understanding this from a general
point, not about the particular situation. That one will be resolved
in due course, I'm certain.

However: In my opinions, such a scenario is a "this should not
happen". And while packages do not migrate for "dependencies
unsatisfiable", appearently this does not apply for build
dependencies, at least in this case.

So, does anybody else consider this a problem? Did something go wrong
on britney (or whoever controls which packages are allowed to
migrate)? Or ...?

    Christoph