Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On 2016-11-15 14:43, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:

I *really* disagree with that. Swtiching libssl-dev to provide libssl1.1-dev means that some apps/libs will get automatically recompiled and some of them
might even not FTBFS (because for example, they are ready to use 1.1).

If a 1.1.0 ready package ftbfs when libssl-dev points to 1.0 it is a bug that should be fixed anyway. There is no real reason not to support both versions.

That means we left the door open to crashes due to mixed libssl versions.

By letting libssl-dev provide libssl1.0 we do not open this door, and we let
maintainers decide on a per-basis case.

And we have to maintain two openssl versions trough the release cycle.