Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On lunes, 14 de noviembre de 2016 13:26:44 ART Ondřej Surý wrote:
> And this is happening all over places (apache2 vs php7.0) - I don't
> think we can have a partial transition. It's now all or nothing.

I've said it before, I say it again: this transition should *not* have
happened at this point of the release cycle.

Don't get me wrong: I do perfectly understand why people would like to have
the new libssl around, but switching libssl-dev *now* was definitely not a
good idea. Doing it as soon as we start with buster is another story.

And yes, I would step back and switch libssl-dev to provide libssl1.0-dev and
have libssl1.1-dev around for anyone who can really do the switch.

And if we *really* need to switch to libssl1.1 then we *really* need to delay
the release by 6 months as a very minimum, maybe 1 year.

--
mathematician, n.:
        Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your i's.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/