Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

Marc Haber:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 19:45:02 +0100, gregor herrmann <gregoa@debian.org>
> wrote:
>> I don't quite understand where all this fuzz about auto-removals
>> suddenly comes from. The auto-removals exist since Septemer 2013 [0]
>> and they were also in place for the jessie freeze [1], with the small
>> difference that now the point-of-no-return is a month before the hard
>> freeze, and in jessie it started with the hard freeze.
>
> If the jessie release actually had a point-of-no-return, then it was
> this seldomly and/or silently enforced that I totally missed it.
>
> I don't have anything against autoremovals, I am strongly opposed
> against the "once you're out, you'll stay out" since I fail to see the
> advantages of this approach aside from "giving incentives".
>
> For me, this "incentive" will most likely have the opposite result.
>
> Greetings
> Marc, who is about to stop caring just a bit more

It was listed in at least two d-d-a mails:
 * https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/02/msg00000.html
 * https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/09/msg00002.html

Plus the jessie freeze policy;
 * https://release.debian.org/jessie/freeze_policy.html

  If you feel we could be more vocal with our announcements, please do
  not hesitate to let us know.

These days we /also/ have a [release calendar] now that you can import,
so you can see the deadlines in your favourite calendar.  I admit, we
did not have that for Jessie - but hopefully it will help people for
stretch.

Thanks,
~Niels

[release calendar] http://release.debian.org/release-calendar.ics