Re: More 5 november in the release schedule

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 11:45:23 +0100, Samuel Thibault
<sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>Marc Haber, on Sun 13 Nov 2016 11:37:13 +0100, wrote:
>> On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 13:06:33 +0200, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
>> >I'm even willing to justify my opinion: Keeping testing in a state
>> >that can be released seems to be the only way in which we can make a
>> >release in a reasonable time frame. We've tried several other
>> >approaches, which haven't worked. The approach of "let's freeze and
>> >then try to fix things" didn't work. Let's not try it again.
>>
>> I do not think that it is a service to our users to release an
>> incomplete distribution just for the sake of keeping a date.
>
>As said above, it's *not* a matter of "keeping a date", but "getting
>something out at all within reasonable time".

This means that we didn't to this with squeeze, wheezy and jessie. In
fact, we were in a so reasonable time frame for those three releases
that I have seen installations moving away from Debian because we keep
releasing too often.

Greetings
Marc