Re: "PIE by default" transition is underway -- wiki needs updating

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 05:26:24AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:

> My point was that, yes we have changed to generating relocatable code
> but that is still targetted for executables only, which preserves the
> current behavior, [...]

But something must have changed with how a static lib is now compiled,
because (a) I see bug reports saying "foo broke because static libbar
is not -fPIC" and (b) the recommended fix is to rebuild libbar with
the new toolchain -- with no source changes.

So what's going on with static libs?

Thanks,
-Steve