Re: Planned NMU of w3-recs would use much archive disk space

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:

> I am moving [1] to NMU a big non-free package, w3-recs [2][3],
> last updated five years ago.  During the last five years,
> upstream has grown, both in volume [4] and in scope [5], for
> legitimate reasons.  The new *.orig.tar.gz or *.orig.tar.xz
> would be about 200 GiB in size, six times what it is now.

I think you mean 200 MiB? If so, that is not that big in the scheme of
things IMO.

> Advice?

Go ahead if you meant 200 MiB.

I'd suggest a package 'salvage', add yourself to the Uploaders. If the
maintainer never surfaces, you can then remove them from Maintainer.

You may want to also talk to the package sponsor and the MIA team:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch07.en.html#mia-qa

--
bye,
pabs