Re: Keysafe dynamic UID

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 16:15:09 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>
wrote:
>Am 23.10.2016 um 14:48 schrieb Guillem Jover:
>> I think the solution here is pretty clear. The _-prefix is neutral,
>> short and used by other sytems. The Debian-prefix makes names way
>> long (used(?) to cause problems on display), is a Debianism that
>> seems wrong on non-Debian systems, and is only used by derivatives
>> because doing otherwise would be too much trouble.
>
>And _ is probably the only naming scheme that has a slight chance of
>being accepted upstream.
>
>So far, I tried to stick with the upstream names for system users, as I
>think there is value in having consistent names across distros.

jftr, I choose Debian-foo just _because_ this is an un-neutral variant
that has the minimized chance of clashing with external naming
schemes. It was only years later when I noticed that this puts
downstream distributions that enjoy taking from Debian without
recognizing their ancestor in jeopardy. Part of me actually likes
that.

Greetings
Marc