Re: removal instead of orphaning?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 11:28:55 +0100, "Adam D. Barratt"
<adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-09-18 at 11:45 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > So when I do the first upload after an NMU all bugs that the BTS has
> > as "fixed in NMU" get changed to "closed"?
>
> "Fixed in NMU" has not been a distinct state for several years, since
> the introduction of BTS version tracking. The NMU upload simply marks
> the bugs as closed in the version of that upload, the same as it would
> for any other upload.
>
> If your next maintainer upload includes the changelog stanza for the NMU
> in its changelog then the BTS will automatically know that your upload
> includes those fixes, without your mentioning them in your own stanza
> for your upload.

Doesn't it just consider that any version after the "fixed" version contains
the fixes? Otherwise I thought you'd need to specify the appropriate -v
option.

There are still cases sometimes of NMU changes being ommitted from the
following maintainer upload, so "fixed in NMU" could still be a meaningful
state. Admittedly patches get dropped accidentally between maintainer uploads
sometimes too, so the distinction isn't all that important...

Regards,

Stephen