Re: removal instead of orphaning?

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:20:21AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:56 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
>
> > Frankly, I do not think that the source package is the correct place for
> > the Maintainer / Uploaders data.  There are plenty of cases where it
> > would make sense to update it "retroactively" after the package has been
> > uploaded (E.g. orphaned or adopting without an upload).
>
> Indeed. Same for Homepage and watch files.

The nice thing about the homepage being there is that the user can get
it by running `apt-cache show foo`.  Unless you plan to pull in that
information when building the binary package?

Is your reason for not including the watch file primarily because it
doesn't make sense that updating it requires a new source package revision?

--
Sean Whitton