Re: removal instead of orphaning?

On 26 August 2016 at 17:12, Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> wrote:
> Today I was, once again, surprised to see how many (low popcon) orphaned
> packages we have. I believe that orphanage is a burden to our community
> in the sense that not all packages are picked up by a new maintainer and
> these packages need some QA once in a while and often don't get enough
> of that (at least most packages that I touched).

Sorry, no.

Packages have not only maintainers, but users. And users mainly have
no skills to maintain packages. And when packages are removed, users
become unhappy.

A bunch of packages I use have been removed instead of orphaning them.
I'm a DD myself, but I don't have enough time (and sometimes skills)
to maintain them.

I am indeed very unhappy.

--
Cheers,