Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?

Hi,

Quoting Johannes Schauer (2016-08-17 19:24:51)
> does anybody plan to use sbuild in Stretch with Debian Squeeze or older
> chroots?
>
> I would like to remove some code from sbuild which is only useful for chroots
> with very old apt inside (specifically apt without support for [trusted=yes] in
> the sources.list). Maintaining this piece of code takes lots of time and
> testing otherwise, which I would avoid if it doesn't have users anymore.
>
> If you still want to be able to use Squeeze chroots for some reason, please
> shout!

thanks to suggestions by people in this thread I came up with a solution that I
now believe lets us keep support for Squeeze chroot in sbuild for the Stretch
release.

Please check out the new 0.71.0 release and test if everything still works for
you.

It seems to have been a good idea to post this on debian-devel. Thanks to all
the contributors! :)

cheers, josch