Re: TMPDIR - Do we also need a drive backed TPMDIR ?

]] Ritesh Raj Sarraf

> On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 15:42 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On 2016-07-21 15:24:10 +0200, Philip Hands wrote:
> > > It's configurable.
> > >
> > > See TMPFS_SIZE in /etc/defaults/tmpfs
> >
> > If you mean /etc/default/tmpfs, it doesn't work with systemd
> > (as documented), and there's the global problem with swap.
>
> And I was thinking of asking the same to the systemd maintainers. So thanks for
> mentioning this. Though I wish systemd honored values from these files.

There's a perfectly fine way to specify that you want a tmpfs mount of a
particular size on /tmp: /etc/fstab.  I don't know why sysv-rc added
another special extension for this rather than just letting people use
the standard interface.

--
Tollef Fog Heen