Re: TMPDIR - Do we also need a drive backed TPMDIR ?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 at 20:41:38 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-07-21 at 13:38 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Perhaps the right answer is instead that we should simply configure
> > more swap by default ?  (IIRC tmpfs data can be swapped.)
>
> Yes. But that's not the default in our setups.

To be fair, neither is a tmpfs /tmp, and the Debian systemd maintainers
have gone to some length to keep /tmp on-disk by default (#783509).
If a sysadmin does one non-default thing, it seems reasonable to require
them to do another non-default thing to make it work optimally.