Re: Browserified files and DFSG

On Monday 11 July 2016 01:09 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Yet it is built with a tool not in Debian, from a different form of the
> work that upstream actually uses for reading and modifying — the source
> form of the work. So that compiled form is not the source form of the
> work.

There is a reason for that requirement, it is not like a bible or Quran
or another holy book where we have to follow word by word without
questioning.

For me, the reason is to be able to modify the code and with readable
javascript file that is possible.

Yes, to be able to send patches, you will have to change different files
(just rearranged), but is that enough reason to remove the package?

And why is the people who are so strict about packaging the build tool
not stepping up to package it? FRP for node-grunt was filed in 21 May
2012 and it is still not complete. So removing these packages until
grunt is packaged makes debian better?