Re: Browserified files and DFSG

 ❦ 11 juillet 2016 08:56 CEST, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> :

>>> If the build tool needed to build the compiled form of the work is not
>>> yet in Debian, by my understanding that means the work cannot be in
>>> Debian in that compiled form.
>>>

>> But the difference here is:
>>
>> The compiled form is also readable and modifiable source form.
>>

> This is the "compiled" file:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-handlebars-assets.git/tree/vendor/assets/javascripts/handlebars.js

This debate already happened one year ago:

There was no conclusion. Different people have different opinions. In my
opinion, there are different way to consider what's the preferred form
of modification is and as long as the JS included in source is not
obfuscated/minified, it can be considered as a preferred form of
modification, so it's OK for Debian. There are several packages in the
archive which embed pre-concatenated JS.
--
Don't just echo the code with comments - make every comment count.