Re: How to select an interpretor version?

On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 06:44:35PM +0300, Victor Porton wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 02:41:04PM +0300, Victor Porton wrote:
> > > I have an interpreter name (say "Python") and an interval of versions

    ... 28 lines from previous posting ( not previous discussion ) ...

> > I think the original poster needs to elaborate the "problem"
> >

> Geert Stappers, you have misunderstood my problem.

    :-)

> I want to support ALL interpreters available in Debian (Perl, Python, Ruby,
> Java, etc.)
>
> I need to make supporting all interpreters and all their versions
> manageable. My question is how to support it all, specifically when a user
> explicitly specifies a version range.
>
> Input:
>
> - name of programming language
>
> - the range of versions of the programming language
>
> - the location of a script in this language
>
> Output:
>
> - the command line to run the script
>
> Note that if several version match, I'd prefer to use the latest matching
> version.

Repeating what it is wanted  is not the same as explaining what is wanted.

> > Regards
> > Geert Stappers
> >
> > P.S.  it is interpreter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpreter_%28computing%29

In other words: Change 'interpretor' in the Subject into 'interpreter'

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven