Re: Keysigning via Video Conferencing

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 07:30:42PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> As as data point, if everybody[0]'s key signing policy had been that
> establishing "social bonds" was a prerequisite, I would have almost
> certainly never become a DD.

I would like to add another data point as a recent DM. The union of
the DDs I have worked with and the DDs that were kind enough to meet
with me for key signing on their travel through my city is an empty
set. I think that Gunnar’s policy is perfectly fine. At the same time
I am glad that there are DDs who allow the Debian community to be an
open system.

I am considering to participate in a DebConf eventually (since I have
read so many positive posts about the experience), but to me it is
important to get work done in Debian first and see whether I am in it
for the long run, before spending time and resources on travel to a
potentially faraway destination.

Peter