Re: Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

Eliran from GitLab here - I lead our strategic partnerships. I read the valid concern raised by Alex and we actually have a public policy on this which you can read on: https://about.gitlab.com/about/#stewardship. We will always welcome any feature request raised by the Debian community and will be happy to discuss adding it to the community edition of GitLab on a case-by-case basis. We already have a positive track record in similar cases as we’ve had a request to make our branded login page a community feature by the VLC community, which we happily agreed with and made publicly available.

I would want to emphasize that we’re here to help and will consider any requests made by the community so you won’t need to maintain/fork/patch anything on GitLab. More over, you can always see our direction for Community/Enterprise features going forward on our direction page: https://about.gitlab.com/direction/

Eliran