Re: Pagure and Gitolite for project+code hosting

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> writes:
>
> > Another possible option is Pagure
> > https://pagure.io/
>
> Wow, that's an attractive option. Thanks!

Recently reviewed at Linux Weekly News: “Pagure and Fedora”
<URL:https://lwn.net/Articles/687821/>.

> > Written in Python and developed by Fedora.
>
> Apropos the discussions in this thread: [Pagure] uses Gitolite
> <URL:https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/overview.html> as its component
> for managing access to repositories.

>From what little I've seen in the architecture documents, it appears
Pagure is quite modular – interoperating service programs with decent
protocols between them – and actively resists the monolithic nature of
GitLab.

Hopefully this makes it rather more attractive to Debian Project sys
admins.

--
 \        “I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because |
  `\            that means it's gonna be up all night.” —Steven Wright |