Re: trying to use wireless not from gnome... what's the incantation?

On Thu, 2016-05-26 at 10:24 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> It's hard to say though. For this we'd need proper debug logs to
> further investigate this.

You shamed me into doing something about it.  But now I test it,
network-manager works.  It's been 3 months and a similar number of
kernels, so who knows what it was.

Wicd still doesn't work.  If the interface hasn't been initialised with
ifupdown, it doesn't seem to realise the laptop has a wifi card.  When
it does know it has a Wifi card, it can't successfully connect.