Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2016, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> If we treated architectures in the same way, I wonder if we would have
> any architecture other than amd64...  After all that will guide our
> users to other, working, architectures.
>
> (No, I don't find "let's just drop Qt/GNOME/X11/ncurses" a very useful
> approach and I don't think it is very productive to suggest to do
> so. More the opposite.)

Agreed. For me, the RC severity means "this should be fixed (before next
stable release)". The possibility of auto-removal implemented by the
release team is just a tool to make sure that either the bug is fixed
or we detect problems when there is nobody willing to do the work
required.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer