Re: migrating to Debian gitlab

Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> writes:

>>Beyond that I couldn't test, my VM only has 1 GiB of RAM and no
>>swap, and that is apparently not sufficient for gitlab (unicorn
>>complains that it's out of memory). Which seems weird to me,
>>because this was otherwise an empty throwaway VM; an empty
>>instance using 1 GiB of RAM seems a bit excessive if you ask me,
>>but oh well...
>
> Strange to me as well because the test vm I use is just 512MB ram.

FWIW, I also tried to install on a Virtualbox VM with 1 GB
(v. 8.4.3+dfsg-12) and got child sacrifice messages on the console (OOM
messages from the kernel), and had to grant it 2GB of RAM (or at least
1.5GB, not sure exactly). Maybe that has improved a bit with latest from
upstream/testing (8.5.8+dfsg-5), though.

My 2 cents,

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER