Re: gitlab package (was Re: Opt out style recommends)

On 2016, ഏപ്രിൽ 11 3:44:09 PM IST, Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> wrote:
>Is that why we've been pushing for SSH over telnet for twenty years
>now?

I should clarify, importance of https and end to end encryption was not considered widely. There were a minority pushing for encryption. But is is more mainstream idea now.

>I'd really like this to be an optional addon, since there's no way you
>could know how to integrate with how I acquire my certs.  I also
>question whether it's the job of an application to set up
>certificates. Does that mean you're configuring various application
>servers (for vhosting) and TLS terminators too?

It is optional. I do configure a site for nginx (add virtual host in /etc/nginx/sites-available). TLS is enabled when it is selected. I can make nginx configuration optional.

>> And for those who do not want it, the default is 'no' for both ssl
>and
>> letsencrypt.
>
>Minor comment, but hopefully you're asking about TLS and not SSL in any
>questions you ask the admin.

Isn't that just semantics? OpenSSL is still not renamed to OpenTLS (yes there is gnuTLS). I think SSL term is still widely used referring to TLS.