Re: Overall bitrot, package reviews and fast(er) unmaintained package removals

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 01:08:49PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016, at 12:20, Ian Jackson wrote:
> >
> > That is, email debian-devel and the maintainer (again) with a very
> > respectful mail saying you think the package needs help, that you're
> > happy to help, and that unless the current maintainer objects you will
> > add yourself to Maintainers and start work on the backlog.
>
> That's what I usually do, and quite often I get positive answer from
> original maintainer.

Since I do (close to) all my packaging in teams and candidates for such
packages are usually team targets I did such "team-hijacks" usually by
adding the original Maintainer and myself as Uploaders and the team as
Maintainer.  I've done this several times in the past and no maintainer
has ever disagreed with this procedure (one times third party because a
hijack should not be done in principle and third party did not had any
relation to the package and did not intended to do anything with the
package).

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--