Re: Creating directory /sbuild-nonexistent/.lyx/

Hi,

Quoting PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel (2016-02-28 10:09:45)
> I am preparing the next tango package, so I need to build the doc with lyx.
>
> But then I get this error message.
>
> make[5]: Entering directory '/<<BUILDDIR>>/tango-9.2.0~a+dfsg/build/doc/src'
> cd ../../../doc/src; /usr/bin/lyx --export pdf2 tango.lyx
> LyX: Creating directory /sbuild-nonexistent/.lyx/
> Failed to create directory. Exiting.
>
> it seems that lyx try to create a default config directory but It can not.
>
> I know how to prevent this with the -userdir parameter of lyx, but I would like to now if this is not a bug  in sbuild ?
> what is the expected behavious from sbuild when something try to create a config file in the home of sbuild.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;)

The expected behaviour is exactly this. Sbuild sets $HOME to
/sbuild-nonexistant so that building software which tries to create something
in $HOME will FTBFS. This of course doesn't catch all problems but at least
some.

Packages must not write data to $HOME while building.

> I suspect that lyx is not the only software which create this kind of files.

please file bugs if you find other packages which try to access $HOME during
the build process.

cheers, josch