Creating directory /sbuild-nonexistent/.lyx/

Hello,

I am preparing the next tango package, so I need to build the doc with lyx.

But then I get this error message.

make[5]: Entering directory '/<<BUILDDIR>>/tango-9.2.0~a+dfsg/build/doc/src'
cd ../../../doc/src; /usr/bin/lyx --export pdf2 tango.lyx
LyX: Creating directory /sbuild-nonexistent/.lyx/
Failed to create directory. Exiting.

it seems that lyx try to create a default config directory but It can not.

I know how to prevent this with the -userdir parameter of lyx, but I would like to now if this is not a bug  in sbuild ?
what is the expected behavious from sbuild when something try to create a config file in the home of sbuild.

I suspect that lyx is not the only software which create this kind of files.

cheers

Frederic