Re: Adding SONAME to a shared object in KLEE

Hi Josselin,

On Fri, 2016-02-19 at 12:51 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> It looks to me that this file is not meant to be a shared library. I
> don’t know what it is, but there are no associated headers and nothing
> that looks like it could be linked against it.
>
> It’s not even clear you should ship it in the package, maybe it’s part
> of a test suite of some sort?
>
> In any case, it is useless to add a SONAME to such a file, because
> SONAMEs are here for programs you actually link with that library. If
> the file does have some use in the binary, you can move it away in
> another directory (it has no place in /usr/lib).

As a matter of fact, it looks like it is meant to be a shared library.

The tool has a tutorial at:

https://klee.github.io/tutorials/testing-function/

And in the last section they instruct the user to execute the following
command:

$ gcc -L path-to-klee-root/Release+Asserts/lib/ get_sign.c -lkleeRuntest

The -l option links against the library in question, hence it is meant
to be used as a shared library.

Which brings us back to the original question - how to add the SONAME
attribute to the library?

--
Regards,
Marko Dimjašević <marko@cs.utah.edu> .   University of Utah