Adding SONAME to a shared object in KLEE

# Please CC me in replies as I'm not on d-devel

Hi all,

I would need help with fixing a SONAME issue with my ITP package. It's a
tool for development, which systematically explores as many as possible
execution paths in a given program, potentially triggering crashes
unknown before.

The package is available at:

http://mentors.debian.net/package/klee

You can fetch it with:

dget -x
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/klee/klee_1.1.0-1.dsc

(The package targets Jessie and additionally relies on the
python-tabulate package available from Jessie backports. Once I fix the
issue mentioned below, I will move onto fixing other upstream issues
such that I can target Sid.)

I asked for help on d-mentors [1], but the help I got there was not
enough to resolve the issue.

The issue is reported by Lintian:

E: klee: sharedobject-in-library-directory-missing-soname
usr/lib/libkleeRuntest.so
N:
N:    A shared object was identified in a library directory (a directory
in
N:    the standard linker path) which doesn't have a SONAME. This is
usually
N:    an error.
N:
N:    SONAMEs are set with something like gcc -Wl,-soname,libfoo.so.0,
where 0
N:    is the major version of the library. If your package uses libtool,
then
N:    libtool invoked with the right options should be doing this.
N:
N:    To view the SONAME of a shared library, run readelf -d on the
shared
N:    library and look for the tag of type SONAME.
N:
N:    Severity: important, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: shared-libs, Type: binary, udeb
N:

The packaged tool doesn't use Libtool. I understand what the error
message is saying, but even with the help I got on d-mentors I wasn't
able to resolve the issue.

Therefore, I'd appreciate if someone could take a look and help with
resolving it.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2016/01/msg00542.html

--
Kind regards,