Re: migrating to Debian gitlab

Hi,

Quoting Pirate Praveen (2016-02-21 12:31:25)
> On Monday 15 February 2016 11:35 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> >> systemd does not create any pid files. It only reads them to
> >> figure out which PID of a multi-process Type=forking service is
> >> the main PID of that service.
> >
> > Thanks for the clarification.
>
> There is an issue with sidekiq pid in the logs, but service is fine. Can
> some one help here?

is this reported as a bug? That would help to collect information about the
problem.

> Also I need help with reproducing #815133 as I don't get the same error in a
> clean reinstall.

The problem is related to upgrades, not clean installs. Upgrading from gitlab
(<< 8.4.3+dfsg-9) to later versions will produce the problem. Clean installs
are not affected (at least as far as my tests go). I adjusted the bug title to
reflect this.

Thanks!

cheers, josch