Re: another mount issue on jessie

On 02/10/2016 06:57 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU) wrote:
@sebastian: could you confirm that you had to remove the PrivateTmp for
each and every service you found by grepping?

or did you just disable PrivateTmp for all of these services, and then
no more problem occured (though by chance you might have disabled
PrivateTmp for some services that would have actually worked with it).

You're right: I disabled PrivateTmp for every service that wanted it (as identified by grepping for PrivateTmp in /lib/systemd) and then my mount test worked.

The services in question (on my system) are:

        systemd-timedated
        rtkit-daemon
        colord
        systemd-localed
        systemd-machined
        systemd-hostnamed
        systemd-timesyncd
        cups

I did the higher-fidelity test you requested like this:

I removed the /etc/systemd/system/*/local.conf files I had installed for those 8 services, stopped them all with "systemctl stop", then ran "systemctl daemon-reload". At this point the mount test passes.

Then for each service (one at a time) I started the service, ran the test, and stopped the service.

What that showed is that if any one of those services is running, my test fails. Only if all of them are stopped does the test pass.

(I got confused for a minute by cups starting colord, so stopping cups did not make the test pass until I also stopped colord.)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky