Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project

On Friday 22 January 2016 10:20 PM, Balasankar C wrote:
> On വ്യാഴം 21 ജനുവരി 2016 07:11 വൈകു, Pirate Praveen wrote:
>> I need help with integrating debconf for configuring hostname. Somehow I'm not able to troubleshoot the error. It seems I'm missing something simple, I tried to follow debconf tutorial and compare many times, but only to see a cryptic error message.
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/TaskTracker/issues/41
>
> This issue has been fixed. Two echo statements (for verbosity) used
> before loading confmodule caused the issue. Removed them and debconf is
> no longer an issue.

Now gitlab in unstable is rc bug free and can migrate to testing (if we
don't find any rc bugs in 5 days) and the version in git can now give
you a fully configured (with https enabled, using letsencrypt
certifictes) and up and running gitlab instance.

You can try the package from https://people.debian.org/~praveen/gitlab/
right now or wait for the current version in unstable to migrate to
testing (or someone files an rc bug).

https://gitlab.pxq.in is a test instance that uses gitlab package in

Cheers
Praveen